Goal bonanza for East Harling
East Harling 6, Wymondham Town Reserves 1
A FAST and even first half saw both teams miss at least four chances each, but Harling had by far the easiest of those but Matt Terry had to make two great saves.
Great work by Ben Chase, Paul Mieczek and Chris Bray forced an own goal to give Harling the lead.
However, Wymondham deservedly levelled just before the break but the goal could have been prevented had players stood up not dived into needless tackles.
This was addressed by the management at the break and the team stepped up a gear in concentration and were soon 2-1 ahead through a neat finish by Andy Collins-Reed from a Mark Dolman free kick.
You may also want to watch:
A great strike by Ben Chase made it 3-1 then Chris Bray at last scored having spurned several chances, from a great cross by 17-year-old Jacob Stone.
Chris Bray then cleverly set up Pat Armes to head the fifth. Stone then crossed for Pat Armes to complete the scoring.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
This good win lifts Harling to sixth, and with two games in hand third place is a possibility.
MoM: Ellis Williamson who dominated at centre-back, whilst Tom Smith, Pat Armes and Jack Denniss all had very good games, but the whole team were good in the second half.
Special mention is deserved for young Andy Collins-Reed and Jacob Stone who are fast establishing themselves as prospects for the very near future.
Next up, East Harling play Newton Flotman at home.
East Harling Reserves had their game called off at Horsford due to the rain and have no fixture at present for this weekend.