Get set for new running group
Thetford AC are launching a ‘beginners only’ running group. It will be open to all, regardless of ability. Sessions will take place every Monday from June 6, 6.15 to 7.15pm from the Old Stables at the Kilverstone Hall estate.
Thetford AC is a friendly club that enjoys training and socialising together. There is always a choice of sessions, no one will be left behind and all abilities will be catered for. Give Gill Paremain a call on 01842 764318 or just turn up on June 6 for the first session.
Meanwhile, four members of Thetford AC competed in Edinburgh in the half and full marathon. It was very windy, but they still had some very good results.
Half Marathon: Tony Tyler 1-49:0, Judy Tyler 2-32:04 (a huge PB).
Marathon: Cliff Lear 4-7:41, Gill Paremain 4-38:51.
You may also want to watch:
Also on May 14, Stacey Owen ran in the Grim Two Beast in the East 10km in Swanley, Kent and finished with a time of 55:58.
On May 20, the Friday Five at Ipswich: Stacey Owen 38:45, Sam Wing 40:13.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 3 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack