Friday night football for Thetford Town
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Friday night football will see Thetford Town try to earn their first win of new manager Danny White’s reign in a derby clash.
White has faced a baptism of fire so far at Mundford Road due to fixtures against high-flying teams in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
The former King’s Lynn and Wroxham midfielder, who has stopped playing at the age of 32 due to a health scare, began his Brecklanders spell with a stabilising 0-0 home draw with fellow strugglers Whitton United.
A 2-0 loss at home against third-placed Felixstowe and Walton United was then followed by a 3-0 loss at fourth-placed Stanway Rovers on Saturday.
White brought in three new players ahead of the trip to Stanway, with Dane Willis, Josh Barzey and Kane Wetteland bolstering the Brecklanders squad.
You may also want to watch:
All three started in Essex but could not prevent the 3-0 defeat, leaving Town bottom of the table.
Walsham le Willows make the short trip across the border on Friday night (7.45pm kick-off) with Thetford knowing that victory will lift them off the foot of the table.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 3 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
Walsham made a slow start to the season, drawing three and losing three of their first six league matches, but have picked up recently.
They have won two of their last five league games and also beaten Newmarket and Long Melford to advance to the quarter-finals of the Suffolk Premier Cup.
• Thetford Town Reserves are in CS Morley Cup action on Saturday, having slipped to a 6-0 loss at Attleborough Town Reserves in Division Five South of the Anglian Combination on Saturday.
That defeat leaves the reserves in sixth place in the table, three places and seven points better off than Beccles Town Reserves, where they travel to in the third round of the cup (1.30pm kick-off).