Francis first across line
Members of Thetford AC took part in the Ryston Runners cross-country races held in the woods at Shouldham Warren, in west Norfolk. This was one of a series of six races being held over the winter in the Grand Prix series.
Members of Thetford AC took part in the Ryston Runners cross-country races held in the woods at Shouldham Warren, in west Norfolk.
This was one of a series of six races being held over the winter in the Grand Prix series.
In the first race of the day - the U9 boys - first home for the club was Kendell Norris in 12th place in time of 4m 18sec, closely followed by Harvey Norris in 19th place in 4:41.
In the following race - U11 boys - Alex Clark achieved 12th place in a time of 10:52.
Next race was U13 boys - Thomas Busson 13:55 with Rachel Mumford coming third in the girls' race in 12:7.
This was followed by the U15 boys' event with Thomas Francis doing the club proud in first place in 10:01, closely followed by Joseph Kirton in fifth place achieving a personal best time of 11:24 while U15 girls' Tasmin Searle was 10th in 13:13.
- 1 Two people taken to hospital after van rolls over in Lynford crash
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 4 Tesco supermarket in Brandon reopens after cash machines ram raid
- 5 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 6 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Council buys disused building to regenerate town's riverfront
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
In the senior women's race Samantha Wing was fourth in 27:45.
For the veteran men, Richard Dolman was 16th in 29:04 while Trisha Dennison won the women's equivlant in 28 minutes.
Thetford AC had their Christmas party and annual prize-giving on Saturday, December 1 .
As well as being a chance for everyone to relax and enjoy themselves, there was also the opportunity for the hard work and effort of the previous year to be rewarded.
There was a slide show and review of the year followed by the prize-giving.
Junior athletes' athlete: Tansy Makin; U11s: 1 Victoria Dolman, 2 Liam Searle, 3 Amy Skipp; U13: 1 Rachel Mumford, 2 Ryan Skipp, 3 Elisha Bowers; U15: 1 Jack Firman, 2 Tasmin Searle, 3 Jo Kirton; U17: 1 Charlotte Tavener, 2 Josh Bucciffiro; Junior outstanding athlete of the year: Tom Francis and Tansy Makin; Senior female athlete of the year: 1 Corrina Smith, 2 Sandra Bower, 3: Sam Wing; Senior male athlete of the year: 1 Casey, 2 Nick Seale, 3 Cliff Bailey; Senior female athletes' athlete of the year - golden shoe: Audrey Norbury.