Francis first across line
Members of Thetford AC took part in the Ryston Runners cross-country races held in the woods at Shouldham Warren, in west Norfolk. This was one of a series of six races being held over the winter in the Grand Prix series.
Members of Thetford AC took part in the Ryston Runners cross-country races held in the woods at Shouldham Warren, in west Norfolk.
This was one of a series of six races being held over the winter in the Grand Prix series.
In the first race of the day - the U9 boys - first home for the club was Kendell Norris in 12th place in time of 4m 18sec, closely followed by Harvey Norris in 19th place in 4:41.
In the following race - U11 boys - Alex Clark achieved 12th place in a time of 10:52.
You may also want to watch:
Next race was U13 boys - Thomas Busson 13:55 with Rachel Mumford coming third in the girls' race in 12:7.
This was followed by the U15 boys' event with Thomas Francis doing the club proud in first place in 10:01, closely followed by Joseph Kirton in fifth place achieving a personal best time of 11:24 while U15 girls' Tasmin Searle was 10th in 13:13.
- 1 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Teen appears in court charged with sexual assault on girl in Thetford
In the senior women's race Samantha Wing was fourth in 27:45.
For the veteran men, Richard Dolman was 16th in 29:04 while Trisha Dennison won the women's equivlant in 28 minutes.
Thetford AC had their Christmas party and annual prize-giving on Saturday, December 1 .
As well as being a chance for everyone to relax and enjoy themselves, there was also the opportunity for the hard work and effort of the previous year to be rewarded.
There was a slide show and review of the year followed by the prize-giving.
Junior athletes' athlete: Tansy Makin; U11s: 1 Victoria Dolman, 2 Liam Searle, 3 Amy Skipp; U13: 1 Rachel Mumford, 2 Ryan Skipp, 3 Elisha Bowers; U15: 1 Jack Firman, 2 Tasmin Searle, 3 Jo Kirton; U17: 1 Charlotte Tavener, 2 Josh Bucciffiro; Junior outstanding athlete of the year: Tom Francis and Tansy Makin; Senior female athlete of the year: 1 Corrina Smith, 2 Sandra Bower, 3: Sam Wing; Senior male athlete of the year: 1 Casey, 2 Nick Seale, 3 Cliff Bailey; Senior female athletes' athlete of the year - golden shoe: Audrey Norbury.