Four losses in a row for Thetford Town
THETFORD TOWN suffered their fourth successive Thurlow Nunn League defeat on Tuesday night when they lost 1-0 at home to Diss Town.
The Tangerines claimed their own first win of the season thanks to a 27th minute goal from Jordan Rocastle, who tapped in after a header by Dan Hitching had been stopped on the line.
On Saturday Thetford had lost 4-2 at Hadleigh United.
At one stage that looked set for an even worse outcome for the Brecklanders as they trailed 3-0 in the first half before Tom Cusack pulled a goal back from the penalty spot.
Cusack had the chance to make it 3-2 just before the interval when Thetford were awarded another spot-kick for handball. But his kick was saved and Hadleigh added a fourth in the second half through Josiah before Bruno Tavares pulled another goal back late in the game.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend Mark Scott’s men have a good chance to improve their league standing when they travel to Felixstowe & Watton United – second bottom in the Premier Division after Saturday’s results – having been at home to bottom club Diss last night.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told