Four-goal Harling out of cup
Lacon Arms 5, East Harling 4HARLING travelled to Yarmouth for this third round Norfolk Junior Cup tie. After 10 minutes Lacon scored after a mix up in the Harling defence, then went 2-0 ahead with a very good shot.
Lacon Arms 5, East Harling 4
HARLING travelled to Yarmouth for this third round Norfolk Junior Cup tie.
After 10 minutes Lacon scored after a mix up in the Harling defence, then went 2-0 ahead with a very good shot. A good move saw Chris Bray pull a goal back, then Phil King equalised with a good header. In the last two minutes before the break Lacon scored twice as Harling's defence failed to clear up easy situations.
The second half saw Harling doing most of the attacking. Ollie Copeman came on and immediately scored as Lacon failed to clear from a corner. Harling were then denied what seemed a certain penalty, after which Chris Hancy hit the post with a great shot.
You may also want to watch:
Harling created many chance, but Lacon always looked dangerous on the break, and made it 5-3 with 15 minutes to go. Chris Hancy immediately scored with a header and Harling went close several times, but could not get the equaliser.
East Harling Reserves 2, Horsford Reserves 5
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
First half goals from Lee West and Nick Beasely saw Harling 2-1 up at the break and playing well.
Horsford equalised with 15 minutes left and this seemed to demoralise the home team, so that Horsford scored three more to win easily at the end.
As with the first team, defensive lapses are costing the teams dear, and need to be sorted as soon as possible.