Four-goal Harling out of cup
Lacon Arms 5, East Harling 4HARLING travelled to Yarmouth for this third round Norfolk Junior Cup tie. After 10 minutes Lacon scored after a mix up in the Harling defence, then went 2-0 ahead with a very good shot.
Lacon Arms 5, East Harling 4
HARLING travelled to Yarmouth for this third round Norfolk Junior Cup tie.
After 10 minutes Lacon scored after a mix up in the Harling defence, then went 2-0 ahead with a very good shot. A good move saw Chris Bray pull a goal back, then Phil King equalised with a good header. In the last two minutes before the break Lacon scored twice as Harling's defence failed to clear up easy situations.
The second half saw Harling doing most of the attacking. Ollie Copeman came on and immediately scored as Lacon failed to clear from a corner. Harling were then denied what seemed a certain penalty, after which Chris Hancy hit the post with a great shot.
You may also want to watch:
Harling created many chance, but Lacon always looked dangerous on the break, and made it 5-3 with 15 minutes to go. Chris Hancy immediately scored with a header and Harling went close several times, but could not get the equaliser.
East Harling Reserves 2, Horsford Reserves 5
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
First half goals from Lee West and Nick Beasely saw Harling 2-1 up at the break and playing well.
Horsford equalised with 15 minutes left and this seemed to demoralise the home team, so that Horsford scored three more to win easily at the end.
As with the first team, defensive lapses are costing the teams dear, and need to be sorted as soon as possible.