Focus shifts to FA Cup tie with Norwich United for Thetford Town
League leaders Ipswich Wanderers brought an end to Thetford Town’s winning start to the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division season.
The Brecklanders had won both their opening league fixtures, as well as their FA Cup extra preliminary round clash with Swaffham Town.
But that 100pc start was ended in Suffolk on Saturday, despite a valiant effort against the division’s early pace-setters.
Paris Tuwizana put Ipswich ahead in just the eighth minute but Thetford hit back soon after half-time when James Dean, who had just been introduced from the substitutes’ bench, levelled the score.
Mark Scott’s side weren’t able to hang on to the point though, with David Heath’s goal in the 64th minute proving enough for Ipswich to take the win.
You may also want to watch:
There is a break from league action for Thetford this weekend though, as they turn back on to the road to Wembley in the FA Cup.
The 1-0 home win against Swaffham a fortnight ago earned the Brecklanders a home clash with another Norfolk rival in the preliminary round, Norwich United.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 4 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Sugar beet price shoots up - but not all Suffolk farmers are won over
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Neil, 85, touches hearts after taking part in memory walk for residents
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
The Planters come to Mundford Road for a 7.45pm kick-off on Friday night, with a home tie in the first qualifying round up for grabs for the winner.
That will be against either Wisbech Town, of the United Counties League Premier Division, or fellow Thurlow Nunn Premier side Kirkley & Pakefield, who play at Wisbech on Saturday.
n Thetford Reserves got off to a flying start in Division Six of the Anglian Combination, winning 9-0 at home against Mundford Reserves. Oliver Standby scored four, joined by two from Bruno Tavares and one apiece from Noah Eastwood, Fabio Almeida and Benjamin Conroy.