Five wins in a row for Thetford
- Credit: Ian Burt
Thetford extended their winning streak to five games when they won 3-1 at Dereham III in East League Men’s Division Five North-East.
Second-placed hetford were grateful for the return of Keith Squires in central defence. Although he took a little while to settle he then began launching attacks from the back with some skilful aerial balls.
Alastair Smith and Joe Clarke were equally solid as they made some strong runs forward to link with the midfield of James Burt and William Rolfe.
Thetford’s opener came from a penalty corner with Reece Laffar firing home 10 minutes from half-time. The second half began with a resurgent Dereham scoring after five minutes.
But Laffar powered into the Dereham D and hit a sweet reverse strike to settle his team’s nerves. The matter was settled in the 55th minute when Josh Laffar crossed into the D and Harper slap hit into the goal.
East League Men’s
Division Five North-East
- 1 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 2 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 3 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 9 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 10 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
Dereham III 1 Thetford 3