Five wins in a row for Thetford
- Credit: Ian Burt
Thetford extended their winning streak to five games when they won 3-1 at Dereham III in East League Men’s Division Five North-East.
Second-placed hetford were grateful for the return of Keith Squires in central defence. Although he took a little while to settle he then began launching attacks from the back with some skilful aerial balls.
Alastair Smith and Joe Clarke were equally solid as they made some strong runs forward to link with the midfield of James Burt and William Rolfe.
Thetford’s opener came from a penalty corner with Reece Laffar firing home 10 minutes from half-time. The second half began with a resurgent Dereham scoring after five minutes.
But Laffar powered into the Dereham D and hit a sweet reverse strike to settle his team’s nerves. The matter was settled in the 55th minute when Josh Laffar crossed into the D and Harper slap hit into the goal.
You may also want to watch:
East League Men’s
Division Five North-East
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
Dereham III 1 Thetford 3