Five-wicket haul for Conroy
THETFORD travelled to Dereham on a lovely sunny day. Thetford skipper L Conroy won the toss and elected to bat. The visitors started quickly with consistent boundaries and raced to 66-0 off 10 overs with K Greyson and Kerling looking classy.
THETFORD travelled to Dereham on a lovely sunny day.
Thetford skipper L Conroy won the toss and elected to bat.
The visitors started quickly with consistent boundaries and raced to 66-0 off 10 overs with K Greyson and Kerling looking classy. Greyson unfortunately fell for a solid 33.
This brought M Terry to the crease who didn't hang around, hitting the ball to all parts, pushing the score along nicely with Kerling's assistance.
You may also want to watch:
Terry was removed again by the Dereham skipper for 42 off 29 balls. Kerling fell not long after for a well- crafted 40. L Conroy and J Fisher came and went quickly.
This meant that the innings relied on M Fowler who smashed the ball continuously to the boundary and saved Thetford's innings, pushing them to 189-9 with him finishing on 28 off 25 balls.
- 1 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 2 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 3 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 4 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 5 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
Dereham started off their run chase very slowly as J Conroy and L Greyson ripped through them leaving them 8-3 early on.
But there was patient batting from Lake who hit the ball furiously and was eventually bowled for 94.
Thetford unfortunately only had two bowlers in Greyson and J Conroy who were economical and took wickets causing the skipper problems which meant Dereham finished the game off in the 32nd over with three wickets remaining.
A brilliant performance from J Conroy who was outstanding with figures of 5-33. It's clear he is a bowler to watch for the future.