Five-wicket haul for Conroy
THETFORD travelled to Dereham on a lovely sunny day. Thetford skipper L Conroy won the toss and elected to bat. The visitors started quickly with consistent boundaries and raced to 66-0 off 10 overs with K Greyson and Kerling looking classy.
THETFORD travelled to Dereham on a lovely sunny day.
Thetford skipper L Conroy won the toss and elected to bat.
The visitors started quickly with consistent boundaries and raced to 66-0 off 10 overs with K Greyson and Kerling looking classy. Greyson unfortunately fell for a solid 33.
This brought M Terry to the crease who didn't hang around, hitting the ball to all parts, pushing the score along nicely with Kerling's assistance.
You may also want to watch:
Terry was removed again by the Dereham skipper for 42 off 29 balls. Kerling fell not long after for a well- crafted 40. L Conroy and J Fisher came and went quickly.
This meant that the innings relied on M Fowler who smashed the ball continuously to the boundary and saved Thetford's innings, pushing them to 189-9 with him finishing on 28 off 25 balls.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Should Covid jabs be made mandatory for care home workers?
Dereham started off their run chase very slowly as J Conroy and L Greyson ripped through them leaving them 8-3 early on.
But there was patient batting from Lake who hit the ball furiously and was eventually bowled for 94.
Thetford unfortunately only had two bowlers in Greyson and J Conroy who were economical and took wickets causing the skipper problems which meant Dereham finished the game off in the 32nd over with three wickets remaining.
A brilliant performance from J Conroy who was outstanding with figures of 5-33. It's clear he is a bowler to watch for the future.