First away win joy for Brandon
Sprowston Athletic 1, Brandon Town 3BRANDON Town earned their first away win of the season as they overcame Sprowston Athletic on Saturday.In damp conditions the early stages were very tentative with no clear-cut openings.
Sprowston Athletic 1,
Brandon Town 3
BRANDON Town earned their first away win of the season as they overcame Sprowston.
In damp conditions the early stages were very tentative with no clear-cut openings.
You may also want to watch:
Town earned their first corner as Edwards' lob was cleared from the goal, the set-piece saw an excellent delivery by Jones and Edwards header gave Town the lead. The goal unsettled the hosts and they gave the ball away once too often and Peckham pounced on the error to double the lead.
Sprowston netted a spot-kick after Hovell saved well but he could do nothing about a rebound.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
The second half saw Sprowston kicking down the slope and committing more men forward.
They were denied by the woodwork once but defensively they always looked somewhat frail.
Jones had a thunderous strike disallowed for some mysterious reason before he again supplied Peckham who finished with aplomb to secure the points.
Town were denied a fourth when the ball came back off the inner stanchion. An excellent team display with Conroy again looking a valuable addition to the squad.
Brandon Reserves' good run ended as they went down 2-0 at home to Stalham Reserves despite dominating for most of the game.