First away win joy for Brandon
Sprowston Athletic 1, Brandon Town 3BRANDON Town earned their first away win of the season as they overcame Sprowston Athletic on Saturday.In damp conditions the early stages were very tentative with no clear-cut openings.
Sprowston Athletic 1,
Brandon Town 3
BRANDON Town earned their first away win of the season as they overcame Sprowston.
In damp conditions the early stages were very tentative with no clear-cut openings.
You may also want to watch:
Town earned their first corner as Edwards' lob was cleared from the goal, the set-piece saw an excellent delivery by Jones and Edwards header gave Town the lead. The goal unsettled the hosts and they gave the ball away once too often and Peckham pounced on the error to double the lead.
Sprowston netted a spot-kick after Hovell saved well but he could do nothing about a rebound.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 3 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 4 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 5 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 6 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
The second half saw Sprowston kicking down the slope and committing more men forward.
They were denied by the woodwork once but defensively they always looked somewhat frail.
Jones had a thunderous strike disallowed for some mysterious reason before he again supplied Peckham who finished with aplomb to secure the points.
Town were denied a fourth when the ball came back off the inner stanchion. An excellent team display with Conroy again looking a valuable addition to the squad.
Brandon Reserves' good run ended as they went down 2-0 at home to Stalham Reserves despite dominating for most of the game.