Family pairing's speedy time
Saturday and Sunday couldn't have been more different weatherwise for cycling enthusiasts.But Saturday's grey skies didn't stop two tandem pairs from Cycling Club Breckland turning in some super fast times in the Eastern Counties Cycling Association's 10-mile time trial based at Six Mile Bottom, Suffolk.
Saturday and Sunday couldn't have been more different weatherwise for cycling enthusiasts.
But Saturday's grey skies didn't stop two tandem pairs from Cycling Club Breckland turning in some super fast times in the Eastern Counties Cycling Association's 10-mile time trial based at Six Mile Bottom, Suffolk.
Father and son Chris and Phil Nudds came third in the tandem event in 19:44 (a personal best) while club-mates Bobby De'ath and Iain Dawson finished not far behind in 20:03.
De'ath led the Breckland entry in the next day's Godric CC's promotion over 25 miles on the Earsham course.
You may also want to watch:
It was won by Mark Solley from Diss, in 55:25, De'ath recorded 58:45 while Laura Robinson continued her run of fast times with her 1-4:08 ride.
Other Breckland times were Alan Stevenson 1-00:18, Nick Parravani 1-5:57 and Tony Reynolds 1-10:52.
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 3 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 4 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 5 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 6 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 10 A11 reopens after pigs escaped onto road
The club 10-mile on the Scoulton circuit saw Geoff Muller beat rival in the points competition, Chris Nudds by seven seconds to finish in 24:35 for first place while Bobby De'ath was another five seconds in arrears for third place.
Don Saunders and 10-year-old Declan Davis turned in a personal best time of 28:22 and Adam Cross timed in at 26:51 together with Emily Davis in 33:51 in the junior/juvenile category.
Newcomer Darren Elliot recorded a respectable 26:07 followed by Rodney Hobbs 27:06, Mark Fairhead 27:59, Paul Hoggett 28:10, Paul Cross 30:02, Martin Bodham 35:12 and Norman Eldridge 37:26.
Second-claim members Peter Hamon and David Smith finished in 29:52 and 31:30 respectively.