Fab play by Thetford hockey team
Thetford Ladies 3, Evergreens 1
HOCKEY: Exceptional team work saw the best performance from the home side this season.
By passing, using the width of the pitch and listening to each other, this was by far the finest performance Thetford Ladies have given.
The game was tense, it seemed as if no-one would score such was the deadlock as both teams took possession, made ground, then lost it.
Karen Hodgkinson took the first goal from a rebound to convert a short corner. Dawn Heavey scored the second, defence found Charlie Harwood who passed to Heavey.
Heavey then wrong-footed the defender, cut inside and smacked the ball into the corner.
Evergreens changed gear for the second half to pile on the pressure. Leanne Smith made some exceptional saves to keep Thetford buoyant.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 4 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 5 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 8 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 9 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 10 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
Sarah Nichol passed to Heavey who beat her defender to power the ball past the goalkeeper.
Evergreens found their goal shortly afterwards with an attacker running half the pitch before hitting home.
PoM: Charlie Harwood.