East Harling youngster Cameron King pleased with his Norwich City progress
Young Norwich City star Cameron King is hoping his man-of-the-match performance for the club’s Under-21s will have caught the eye of the man who matters most – manager Neil Adams.
The East Harling youngster scored twice as the young Canaries beat Spurs 3-1 in front of more than 10,000 fans – including the first-team boss – at Carrow Road.
Adams knows all about the club’s rising stars, having been in charge of them before taking over the first team reins at the end of last season, and while he has built a Championship squad brimming with quality, there are plenty knocking on his door.
King is certainly one of them.
“It has been tough for me,” said King. “I was injured all of last year and I have just come back into it and hopefully I can push on this year, especially as Neil Adams is the new gaffer.
You may also want to watch:
“He is always looking to bring us through, so fingers crossed I can move on from here.”
King tweeted later: “Great performance from the boys tonight.
- 1 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 2 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 7 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 10 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
“Thanks for all your messages, fans were unreal as well.”
The size of the crowd – and its positive effect on the home players – was a talking point after a match shown live on BT Sport.
“It is massive,” admitted King. “You can hear them singing in the corners and it just gives you that extra boost, especially when we are being pressured, and it is unbelievable, especially the Norwich fans – great fans.”