East Harling swing into action
East Harling (195 for 7) beat Hingham Pirates (144) by 51 runs in a 40-over friendly.Batting first on another good, hard wicket, East Harling openers Rob Free and Stuart Hilton raced away at more than seven an over.
East Harling (195 for 7) beat Hingham Pirates (144) by 51 runs in a 40-over friendly.
Batting first on another good, hard wicket, East Harling openers Rob Free and Stuart Hilton raced away at more than seven an over.
Hilton was eventually out for 20 with the score on 28.
Ross Pickerill and Free then took the score to 95, before both falling in the space of two runs, Pickerill for 13 and Free for his second successive 50.
You may also want to watch:
The scoring rate slowed as Hingham fought back, reducing Harling to 129 for five but 24 from skipper Barry Wells and then an unbeaten eighth-wicket partnership of 26 between father and son Steve and David Fowler took the final score to 195 for 7.
Pick of the Hingham bowlers was G Mottrum with 2-26.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 4 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 5 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
Mottrum then opened the Hingham batting and saw two wickets fall to the late inswing of Michael Pill before becoming the first of Rob Free's three victims for 20, as Hingham slipped to 65 for 7.
Solid batting from C Edwards (34) and A Cooper (21 not out) took Hingham to a respectable 144 all out as Pill came back to claim his third wicket with the help of an acrobatic catch from Wells and fellow opening bowler Stuart Ayton getting the final tail ender.
Pick of the bowlers were Michael Pill 8-3-15-3 and Rob Free 4-0-19-3.