Early start proves decisive for White’s men
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Town earned themselves a valuable three points in a Norfolk derby clash at Clipbush Park.
Fakenham ended the game with only nine players, but it was a great start by Thetford which caused the problems.
The Brecklanders scored twice inside the first five minutes. Cameron King got them on their way with a superb 25-yard effort in only the second minute and Elliot Smith doubled their advantage.
Fakenham pulled one back midway through the first half thanks to a Joel Glover penalty but gave themselves a real uphill battle when Sam Garner was red-carded in the 66th minute.
Danny White’s men wrapped up the win in the 76th minute through Ross Bailey’s spot-kick and the Ghosts were reduced to nine men shortly after when Kyle Plumb received his marching orders.
You may also want to watch:
The win took Thetford up to eighth in the table, with a home game against Stanway Rovers this weekend.
Fakenham 1 Thetford Town 3
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent