Early start proves decisive for White’s men
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Town earned themselves a valuable three points in a Norfolk derby clash at Clipbush Park.
Fakenham ended the game with only nine players, but it was a great start by Thetford which caused the problems.
The Brecklanders scored twice inside the first five minutes. Cameron King got them on their way with a superb 25-yard effort in only the second minute and Elliot Smith doubled their advantage.
Fakenham pulled one back midway through the first half thanks to a Joel Glover penalty but gave themselves a real uphill battle when Sam Garner was red-carded in the 66th minute.
Danny White’s men wrapped up the win in the 76th minute through Ross Bailey’s spot-kick and the Ghosts were reduced to nine men shortly after when Kyle Plumb received his marching orders.
You may also want to watch:
The win took Thetford up to eighth in the table, with a home game against Stanway Rovers this weekend.
Fakenham 1 Thetford Town 3
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital