Duathlon success for Thetford AC’s Louise White
- Credit: Archant
Thetford AC athletes visited Haverhill to take part in the duathlon and sprint triathlon.
The duathlon consisted of a 6k run, 22k on the bike and a further 6k run, and the sprint triathlon was a 300m swim, 22k on the bike and a 5k run.
The weather was not the best for biking but Louise White came second overall in the duathlon and was overall winner in the female category with a time of 1:44:04.
Over at the sprint triathlon course Marion McCall was the fifth female to cross the finish line in a time of 1:29:13 while Rachel Greenfield, who was taking part in only her second triathlon, was the 25th female to finish with an excellent time of 1:51:05.
Representing the club at the Thompson 5k cross country race were Kevin Vaughan, who won overall in a time of 19:04, and Tony Cantle, who came third in 22:21.
You may also want to watch:
Racing at Thompson in the 10k event was Steve Dickens who came 57th in a time of 1:01:40 and achieved a new personal best.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 4 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 7 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 8 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns