Double Olympian Evans helps Thetford Athletics Club venture
A Double Olympian is coming to Thetford Athletics Club on Saturday.
Paul Evans, a former Great British Olympic distance runner will be on show during a ‘Come and Try’ session to be held at Thetford Grammar School Playing Fields from 10am-noon.
The session is open to all ages from juniors to seniors and veterans. For more information contact Gary Howe on 01842753447, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the clubs website, www.thetford-ac.co.uk
Thetford Senior Athletes have, as always, been busy. In the Great Bentley five mile road race Stacey Owen ran 35:35 and Sam Wing 38:30. Joe Kirton ran in the Lord Mayor’s 5km in Norwich, finishing a credible 27th in a time of 17:32.
Some excellent racing was shown by Thetford AC athletes during the latest round of the East Anglian League held at Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
The clubs highlight was an exciting U13 boys 1500m. Three Thetford runners competed in a closely ran race. Jamie Fairweather excelled running a pb of 5:30.
He was just pipped to the line by Tom Mead who produced a gutsy finish with a time of 5:29. Kieron Moody also ran a pb of 5:50.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
There were also pbs for for Kian Statham in the 100m and 200m and Harley Swan in the 200m. Cameron Try ran two pbs in the U11 boys competition in the 80m and the long jump.
The U17 boys were well represented in the field events with Daniel Howe recording a pb of 45.89m in the Hammer. The senior men were also on show with Gary Howe rolling back the years throwing 24.15m in the discus.
U13 Girls: Freya Biles 800m 2:51, Hurdles 15.5, Javelin 12.57m
U17 Girls: Elisha Bowers 100m 17.4, LJ 2.72m; Rachel Mumford 300m 48.3, LJ 4.19m
U11 Boys: Cameron Try 80m 13.5, LJ 2.68m; Adam Moore 80m 12.5, 600m 2:03, LJ 3.35m
U13 Boys: Joe Nicholson 100m 15.7, Shot 5.59m, Discus 16.22m; Kian Statham 100m 15.2, 200m 32.4; Joe Smythe 100m 15.9, 800m 2:41; Harley Swan 800m 2:50, 200m 34.1, Discus 7.89m; Aiden Try 800m 2:36, Javelin 20.29m; Kieron Moody 1500m 5:50, 200m 35.8, Shot 4.04m; Tom Mead 1500m 5:29; Jamie Fairweather 1500m 5:30, LJ 3.19m, Javelin 10.91m
U17 Boys: Will Moore TJ 10.29m, Shot 9.82m, Javelin 16.83m; Oliver Thompson Hammer 43.55m, Discus 38.26m; Daniel Howe Hammer 45.89m, Discus 28.94m
Senior Men: Joe Kirton 800m 2:12, 400m 56.4; Gary Howe Discus 24.15m.