Dolphons on form for Nifty 50s meeting at Waterworld in Thetford
- Credit: Submitted
Thetford Dolphins kicked off the autumn and winter season by welcoming swimmers from 13 clubs in the region, to their annual ‘Nifty 50s’ Open Meet.
The event, held at Waterworld in Thetford on September 7, was exceptionally well attended, with over 1000 swims. The day included a visit from councillor Sylvia Armes, Mayor of Thetford, who presented trophies.
For the 57 Dolphins swimmers, over their 206 swims, trophies were awarded for six first places, eleven seconds, twelve thirds, 10 fourths, 14 fifths and 12 sixths, with 82 PBs achieved.
The Nifty 50s being the first event after the summer holidays, the club can now anticipate a busy few months with their Club Championships and the Annual Links Gala with clubs from Thetford’s twinned towns, this year to be hosted at Waterworld in October.
You may also want to watch:
Nine-year -olds: Emma Malcolm, 3rd 50m backstroke, breaststroke and 100m IM, 4th 50m freestyle, 6th 50m butterfly; Isaac Clark, 5th 50m backstroke and butterfly. 10-year-olds: Alice Fasey, 2nd 50m breaststroke; Maisie Francis, 5th 50m butterfly. 11 year olds: Alfie King, 2nd 50m freestyle and backstroke, 3rd 50m butterfly, 4th 100m IM; Daniel Clark, 3rd 100m IM, 5th 50m breaststroke and butterfly; Katharine Mold, 3rd 50m butterfly, 5th 100m IM. 12-year-olds: Emily Duffy, 5th 50m breaststroke, 6th 50m backstroke; Georgina Dickenson, 1st 50m breaststroke, 6th 100m IM. 13-year-olds: Daniel Ashford, 4th 50m breaststroke, 6th 50m freestyle; Elena Armes, 6th 50m freestyle; Heidi Last, 2nd 50m butterfly, 3rd 50m backstroke, 4th 50m freestyle and breaststroke and 100m IM; Jacob Clarke, 1st 50m freestyle, 2nd 50m backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly, 3rd 100m IM; Macaulay Harvey, 1st 50m breaststroke, 3rd 50m freestyle, 4th 50m backstroke and 100m IM, 5th 50m butterfly. 14-year-olds: Alex Darton, 3rd 100m IM, 5th 50m backstroke and breaststroke, 6th 50m butterfly; Alexander Clark-Massey, 5th 50m butterfly; Dan Collins, 1st 50m backstroke, butterfly and 100m IM, 2nd 50m freestyle and breaststroke; Georgina Free, 4th 50m breaststroke and butterfly, 6th 100m IM; Jacob Wright, 6th 100m IM; Sam Worsnop, 6th 50m freestyle and backstroke. 15-year-olds and over: Alexandra Ashley, 6th 50m freestyle; Amie Copp, 3rd 50m breaststroke, 5th 100m IM; Grace McGill, 2nd 50m butterfly and 100m IM, 3rd 50m backstroke, 5th 50m freestyle, 6th 50m breaststroke; Rory Butler, 5th 50m backstroke.
- 1 7 big concerts scheduled for Norfolk in 2021
- 2 Start date for phase two of 5,000-home development, after land bought near A11
- 3 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
- 4 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 5 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 9 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 10 Six-year-old cycles 100 laps to raise money for homeless