Dolphins battle in pool
THETFORD Dolphins swimmers took part in the Larking on the Lark Trophy Gala hosted by the Mildenhall Sharks in Mildenhall. The team tried their very best on the night but unfortunately finished in third place.
THETFORD DOLPHINS swimming club took part in the Larking on the Lark Trophy Gala hosted by the Mildenhall Sharks in Mildenhall. The team tried their very best on the night but unfortunately finished in third place. However, there was 12 first-place finishes, 17 seconds and 11 thirds.
Ben Kleinau (14) swam remarkably well, winning three events (100m individual medley, 50m fly and 100m breast). Team mate Matthew Vertigans (13) also swam superbly, winning two events (100m back and 100m free). Morgan Burt (14) had a great night, winning the 50m fly and finishing second in the 100m breast, and then swam up an age group for the 100m breast, where she finished in a great first place.
Twelve-year-old Russell Hatton swam with ease to win both the 50m back and 50m breast, while 11-year-old Taylor Dean cruised into a great first place finish for the 50m fly and finished second in both the 100m IM and 50m free. Elle Kleinau (11) took first place in the 50m breast and came second in the 50m fly and third in the 100m IM. Rhys Vertigans (10) won the 50m back and came second in the 50m breast. Twelve-year-old Kerry Douthwaite finished second in the 50m back and third in the 50m free.
In the 10-and-under age group, nine-year-old Grace McGill finished third in both the 50m breast and 50m back and Fiona Byford (10) finished third in both the 25m fly and 50m free. Ten-year-old Luke Collins finished second in the 25m fly and third in the 50m free.
You may also want to watch:
Hattie Clarke (14) finished second in both the 100m IM and 100m free. Sam Rate (open age) came second in both the 100m IM and 100m fly, while Stephanie Park (open age) finished second in both the 100m back and 100m free. James Martin (open age) finished second in the 100m breast and 100m IM, as well as coming third in the 100m free. Daniel Clucas (open age) finished third in both the 100m back and 100m fly.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence