Dolphins are splash hits
The first weekend in February saw Thetford Dolphins welcome swimmers from nearly 20 clubs for the hosts’ first Open Gala of 2011.
Visiting clubs came from Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire and there was an impressive turnout.
For Thetford Dolphins, almost 70 per cent of their swimmer’s races resulted in personal best times.
Three club records were broken – 11 & under 50m freestyle, Liam Levy Twomey, aged 10, timed at 32.92 secs; 12 & over 100m backstroke, Luke Collins, aged 12, timed at 1:16:50; and 12 & over 100m freestyle, Taylor Dean, aged 13, timed at 1:02:70.
Many younger swimmers also came away with trophies, and for some this was their first Open meet.
You may also want to watch:
Being one of the first events of 2011, the club anticipates a busy and exciting year, particularly with their 40th anniversary celebrations.
For more information on the club, including the forthcoming celebrations, see their website www.thetforddolphins.com
- 1 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Teen appears in court charged with sexual assault on girl in Thetford