Disappointment for Thetford A
Thetford A slumped to a hugely disappointing 77-run defeat at home to Bircham.A depleted Thetford were facing one of the best attacks in the league, but this was still a poor batting performance and too many catches were dropped.
Thetford A slumped to a hugely disappointing 77-run defeat at home to Bircham.
A depleted Thetford were facing one of the best attacks in the league, but this was still a poor batting performance and too many catches were dropped.
Their next game is away to Gooderstone, where they hope to bounce back.
After an excellent display with the ball, dismissing a strong Bircham side for 143, Thetford's batting capitulated to a paltry 56. Put in on a difficult, drying wicket, Bircham struggled to score against accurate bowling from Matt Kerling and Jason Peters, 16, losing two wickets.
You may also want to watch:
C Greeves (61) and G Preston (25) survived and slowly pushed the score on, although Thetford dropped several catches.
J King (28) also supported Greeves well after the Danny Phelps had removed Preston.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
Ryan Conroy, 13, chipped in with a wicket to support Peters (5-41) and Kerling (3-19). The innings ended on 143.
Thetford's reply started badly with Keith Greyson going first - and then deteriorated.
Tony Wright (3-5) showed his class but most Thetford wickets fell to poor shots against the weaker bowlers.
Only Scott Richardson (10), Simon Lewis (16) and 16-year-old Nicky Shepherd (12) provided any real resistance.