Disappointment for Thetford A
Thetford A slumped to a hugely disappointing 77-run defeat at home to Bircham.A depleted Thetford were facing one of the best attacks in the league, but this was still a poor batting performance and too many catches were dropped.
Thetford A slumped to a hugely disappointing 77-run defeat at home to Bircham.
A depleted Thetford were facing one of the best attacks in the league, but this was still a poor batting performance and too many catches were dropped.
Their next game is away to Gooderstone, where they hope to bounce back.
After an excellent display with the ball, dismissing a strong Bircham side for 143, Thetford's batting capitulated to a paltry 56. Put in on a difficult, drying wicket, Bircham struggled to score against accurate bowling from Matt Kerling and Jason Peters, 16, losing two wickets.
C Greeves (61) and G Preston (25) survived and slowly pushed the score on, although Thetford dropped several catches.
J King (28) also supported Greeves well after the Danny Phelps had removed Preston.
- 1 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 2 Village's closed pub could be turned into flats
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 5 Revealed: Some of the places you are most likely to spot ghosts in Norfolk
- 6 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 7 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 8 Shed left destroyed after garden fire in west Suffolk
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
Ryan Conroy, 13, chipped in with a wicket to support Peters (5-41) and Kerling (3-19). The innings ended on 143.
Thetford's reply started badly with Keith Greyson going first - and then deteriorated.
Tony Wright (3-5) showed his class but most Thetford wickets fell to poor shots against the weaker bowlers.
Only Scott Richardson (10), Simon Lewis (16) and 16-year-old Nicky Shepherd (12) provided any real resistance.