Disappointment for Thetford A
Thetford A slumped to a hugely disappointing 77-run defeat at home to Bircham.A depleted Thetford were facing one of the best attacks in the league, but this was still a poor batting performance and too many catches were dropped.
Thetford A slumped to a hugely disappointing 77-run defeat at home to Bircham.
A depleted Thetford were facing one of the best attacks in the league, but this was still a poor batting performance and too many catches were dropped.
Their next game is away to Gooderstone, where they hope to bounce back.
After an excellent display with the ball, dismissing a strong Bircham side for 143, Thetford's batting capitulated to a paltry 56. Put in on a difficult, drying wicket, Bircham struggled to score against accurate bowling from Matt Kerling and Jason Peters, 16, losing two wickets.
You may also want to watch:
C Greeves (61) and G Preston (25) survived and slowly pushed the score on, although Thetford dropped several catches.
J King (28) also supported Greeves well after the Danny Phelps had removed Preston.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
Ryan Conroy, 13, chipped in with a wicket to support Peters (5-41) and Kerling (3-19). The innings ended on 143.
Thetford's reply started badly with Keith Greyson going first - and then deteriorated.
Tony Wright (3-5) showed his class but most Thetford wickets fell to poor shots against the weaker bowlers.
Only Scott Richardson (10), Simon Lewis (16) and 16-year-old Nicky Shepherd (12) provided any real resistance.