Dean's title shot
THETFORD's Rocky Dean has been given a shot to become British champion.Dean will fight Matthew Marsh for the British super bantamweight title on Friday, September 26, at York Hall in Bethnal Green.
THETFORD's Rocky Dean has been given a shot to become British champion.
Dean will fight Matthew Marsh for the British super bantamweight title on Friday, September 26, at York Hall in Bethnal Green.
Dean, 30, trains in Canning Town's Peacock Gym and will face his rival for the prestigious Lonsdale Belt over 12 rounds which is hotly tipped to be a classic.
The 8st 10lb fighters have previously fought back in December 2007 when Marsh walked away with a narrow points victory.
You may also want to watch:
Dean, who stopped Steve Gethin in the fifth round of his last contest, has since stepped up his gruelling training regime and is fitter and stronger than the last time they met.
“It's an honour to be Thetford's first British title contender,” Dean said. “Now I'm going to make sure I become Thetford's first British champion.”
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
- 10 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
Tickets and transport details are available from Ace Tanning, Canons Walk, Thetford. Call 01842 752244 for details.