Dean's title shot
THETFORD's Rocky Dean has been given a shot to become British champion.Dean will fight Matthew Marsh for the British super bantamweight title on Friday, September 26, at York Hall in Bethnal Green.
THETFORD's Rocky Dean has been given a shot to become British champion.
Dean will fight Matthew Marsh for the British super bantamweight title on Friday, September 26, at York Hall in Bethnal Green.
Dean, 30, trains in Canning Town's Peacock Gym and will face his rival for the prestigious Lonsdale Belt over 12 rounds which is hotly tipped to be a classic.
The 8st 10lb fighters have previously fought back in December 2007 when Marsh walked away with a narrow points victory.
You may also want to watch:
Dean, who stopped Steve Gethin in the fifth round of his last contest, has since stepped up his gruelling training regime and is fitter and stronger than the last time they met.
“It's an honour to be Thetford's first British title contender,” Dean said. “Now I'm going to make sure I become Thetford's first British champion.”
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 4 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Sugar beet price shoots up - but not all Suffolk farmers are won over
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Neil, 85, touches hearts after taking part in memory walk for residents
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
Tickets and transport details are available from Ace Tanning, Canons Walk, Thetford. Call 01842 752244 for details.