Dawn scores three as Thetford hockey girls hit Beccles for six
Thetford 6 Beccles 2
Thetford built on their recent success with another storming victory. Making good use of the pitch with some excellent passing, they put together some really good moves to keep the goals flowing.
Dawn Heavey scored three goals, one of them flicked into the top left corner from the back of her stick. Kathy Hammond scored two – both in open play from balls crossed into her from outside the D. And Sophie Wheeler added another to her improessive season’s tally, again from a ball hit hard into the D and she got the end of her stick to it.
Beccles were not a push over, putting plenty of pressure on Sophie Kelly, Jess Simpson, Alena Sweigart and Abby Rolph in defence. Simpson made some key tackles. Their first goal was from a desperate scramble but the other was a well-struck shot.
Leanne Smith worked well with Charlie Harwood down the left, Karen Hodgkinson used her speed to good effect, and captain Sarah Nichol drove the team on relentlessly.
You may also want to watch:
Warren Services player of the match: Jess Simpson.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in