Davis’ pedal power proves decisive
The win was tightly contested in the midweek Cycling Club Breckland time trial at Griston with only five seconds separating the club’s up-coming juniors in first and second place.
Declan Davis eked out the five-second advantage during the first five-mile lap over Adam Cross.
The pair then set identical second lap times finishing in course best times of 24:08 and 24:13 respectively.
Danny Watkins completed the podium in a time of 25:22, Steve Jode and Jonathan Clarke set impressive times of 26:17 and 26:06 respectively.
James Birch set a course best by over a minute of 29:09. Philip Archer also set a course best of 30:42 and Stephen Penney completed both laps to finish in 35:13.
CCB’s riders were in action again on Thursday night on the B103.
Declan Davis led the way once more, setting another personal best of 22:08.
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Rugby club hoping to 'ignite' interest following pandemic
- 4 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 5 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 6 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 7 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 10 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
Danny Watkins also set a very impressive PB of 22:47.
Watkins competed again in Saturday’s E225, he battled through atrocious conditions to set a PB and a fantastic time of 58:33.
Martin Badham finished 15th at the World Tricycle Championships this weekend, completing the 25km course in 51:32.
Carl Saint earned himself an excellent birthday present of the title World Champion, winning the event in 35:37.