Davis’ pedal power proves decisive
The win was tightly contested in the midweek Cycling Club Breckland time trial at Griston with only five seconds separating the club’s up-coming juniors in first and second place.
Declan Davis eked out the five-second advantage during the first five-mile lap over Adam Cross.
The pair then set identical second lap times finishing in course best times of 24:08 and 24:13 respectively.
Danny Watkins completed the podium in a time of 25:22, Steve Jode and Jonathan Clarke set impressive times of 26:17 and 26:06 respectively.
James Birch set a course best by over a minute of 29:09. Philip Archer also set a course best of 30:42 and Stephen Penney completed both laps to finish in 35:13.
You may also want to watch:
CCB’s riders were in action again on Thursday night on the B103.
Declan Davis led the way once more, setting another personal best of 22:08.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
Danny Watkins also set a very impressive PB of 22:47.
Watkins competed again in Saturday’s E225, he battled through atrocious conditions to set a PB and a fantastic time of 58:33.
Martin Badham finished 15th at the World Tricycle Championships this weekend, completing the 25km course in 51:32.
Carl Saint earned himself an excellent birthday present of the title World Champion, winning the event in 35:37.