Davis duo post speedy times
SEVENTEEN riders competed in the midweek Cycling Club Breckland 15-mile time trial, with 12 riders completing the full three laps at North Tuddenham.
The stand-alone pair of Declan Davis (35:39) and Matt Carter (36:30) lead the way with a large time margin from third-placed Stuart Lyons of VC Norwich (37:31). Geoff Muller was a very close fourth in a time of 37:34.
The unceasing strong winds seemed no problem for Declan and Emily Davis who both set personal best times in Saturday’s 10-mile time trial with times of 22:21 and 27:21 respectively.
Other Breckland riders were Chris Nudds (22:22) and Peter James (24:51), Adam Cross suffered a tyre puncture four miles in.
Several riders competed again in Sunday’s very windy 25. Chris Nudds set a great time of 58:49 from Mark Fairhead (1-01:00).
You may also want to watch:
Adam Cross made up for the previous day’s puncture with a great time of 1-02:10, in the tough conditions which added minutes to many rider’s times.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital