Davis duo post speedy times
SEVENTEEN riders competed in the midweek Cycling Club Breckland 15-mile time trial, with 12 riders completing the full three laps at North Tuddenham.
The stand-alone pair of Declan Davis (35:39) and Matt Carter (36:30) lead the way with a large time margin from third-placed Stuart Lyons of VC Norwich (37:31). Geoff Muller was a very close fourth in a time of 37:34.
The unceasing strong winds seemed no problem for Declan and Emily Davis who both set personal best times in Saturday’s 10-mile time trial with times of 22:21 and 27:21 respectively.
Other Breckland riders were Chris Nudds (22:22) and Peter James (24:51), Adam Cross suffered a tyre puncture four miles in.
Several riders competed again in Sunday’s very windy 25. Chris Nudds set a great time of 58:49 from Mark Fairhead (1-01:00).
You may also want to watch:
Adam Cross made up for the previous day’s puncture with a great time of 1-02:10, in the tough conditions which added minutes to many rider’s times.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent