Davis again the pick of CC Breckland riders
As the weather returned to some form of normality, the riders of Cycling Club Breckland were able to show their true colours in the midweek club series and weekend open events.
Will Dorset of Velo Club Norwich took the first place honours in the midweek 10 mile time trial at North Tuddenham in a blistering time of 22.17.
Fourteen-year-old Declan Davis continued his dominance of the early season, finishing well ahead of the remaining CCB riders in 2nd place, in a time of 23.22.
Andy Tyler finished the podium off, 38 seconds further back, with Oliver Milk of Iceni Velo finishing 4th in 24.42. Geoff Muller and Mark Fairhead finished a close 5th and 6th in times of 25.16 and 25.20 respectively.
Other notable times came from Jon Periam (26.42), Roger Graham (27.13), Robert Walthew (27.30) and Junior Henry Periam (28.46).
The rain may have ceased but the cold well and truly returned for those competing in the weekend event on the regions fastest 10 mile course, the E2/10. Declan Davis was the sole rider for CCB in the 6 degrees conditions, but put in a fine performance to finish in a pleasing 22.26. Joe Perrett(20 3C-Orvea) won the event in 19.42.
- 1 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 2 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 8 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Catalytic converters stolen from three cars in Mildenhall in one night