Cycle Club Breckland record is broken by visiting rider Skipper
- Credit: Archant
With the season drawing to close there was plenty of action last weekend and there were some impressive performances from Cycling Club Breckland’s time trialists.
The club’s own 50 miles Time Trial took place on the B50/18 course starting and finishing near Attleborough.
Despite a small field of riders the event attached some of the best distance time trial specialist. It was a good day weather wise, with just a slight increase and change in direction to the wind part of the way through the event.
Professional triathlete Joe Skipper was fastest on the day with a course record time of 1.40.31 at an average speed of 29.8mph over the 50 miles distance.
In second place was distance specialist Dave Green of Team Velovelocity, with the veteran racer covering the course in 1.43.18.
You may also want to watch:
Rounding off the podium was Team a3crg’s Stephen Williamson in a time of 1.43.47.
In the women’s event Laura Bartlett, also from Team a3crg, was fastest in 1.53.04 ahead of Essex RC’s Sue Triplow with a time of 1.56.28. Taking third spot was Sole Bay Cycle Sport’s Denise Hurren in 1.57.23.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Cycling Club Breckland had two riders competing. Alex Bailey rode strongly to finish seventh overall in a time of 1.52.04 while Mark Fairhead was pleased with his ride, having beaten his six year old personal best with a time of 2.04.57.
Winning Tricycle was Ian Pike of the Fenland Road Club, his time of 1.58.55 giving him a top 20 placing.
Also on Saturday Team Velovelocity promoted a 25miles Time Trial on the fast E2/25 course near Newmarket.
Breckland’s super veteran Chris Nudds rode along with Paul Sexton. Paul posted a personal best time of 54.50 while Chris rode well and despite having to come to a virtual standstill at the Fourwentway turn, losing vital seconds, he still managed to finish in superb time of 55.03.
Sunday morning saw CC Breckland’s Paul Coulthread and Mick Wood make the trip over to Rougham near Stowmarket for the Stowmarket and District C C 10miles time trial.
Mick rode well to finish in 24.43 to Paul’s time of 30.03. The event was won by Leon West of CC Sudbury in 21.10 ahead of TPH Racing’s Philip Barnes in a time of 21.14.