Cup joy for Magpies
Thetford Town Mapgies U14 retained the South Norfolk U14 KO Cup after beating hosts Swaffham 3-1.Swaffham took the lead with a belting strike. Thetford then started to dominate periods of the game and it was no surprise when Sean Pratt fired home from close range.
Thetford Town Mapgies U14 retained the South Norfolk U14 KO Cup after beating hosts Swaffham 3-1.
Swaffham took the lead with a belting strike. Thetford then started to dominate periods of the game and it was no surprise when Sean Pratt fired home from close range.
Magpies then took hold of the game and with their defence looking solid as a foundation for attacks they soon made it 2-1 with Scott Smith coolly slotting home from Haylen Smith's through-ball.
Jake Punchard scored Thetford's third when he smartly hit home with the Swaffham keeper off his line to make it 3-1 at half time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was a more one-sided affair but no more goals were added to the game but Thetford dominated most of the possession as Swaffham fought for every ball.
Thetford were taken down to 10 men after Harry Humphreys was given a red card for an off-the-ball incident which didn't overshadow the fact he had an excellent game.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash