Cup hero Pearce keeps up his good form at Thetford Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Paul Pearce, hero of Thetford Golf Club’s Norfolk County Golf Union Scratch Trophy triumph, kept up his good form to win the first of the winter medals.
Paul, who plays off five, returned a level par 72 thanks to a round with four birdies and four bogeys for a winning score of 67.
He finished five strokes clear of Division One runner-up Richard Alger (8), who pipped John Baldwin (10), Steve Duncan (14) and Dave Bennett (15) on countback after all had 72s.
Nolan Guthrie (19) won Division Two with 70, beating Paul Hensby (16) on countback.
Full scores: Division One - Paul Pearce 72-5-67, Richard Alger 80-8-72, John Baldwin 82-10-72, Steve Duncan 86-14-72, Dave Bennett 87-15-72, Peter Allott 78-5-73, James Tyler 74-1-73, Stuart Honeybell 89-14-75, Tom Green 86-11-75, Simon Gorrod 85-10-75, Gareth Mills 80-5-75, Steve Burridge 88-12-76, John Stapleton 77-1-76, Paul Waters 86-10-76, Brian How 86-10-76, Neil Elers 86-10-76, Ian Edmundson 86-10-76. Division Two: Nolan Guthrie 89-19-70, Paul Hensby 86-16-70, John Stenton 91-16-75, Derek Smith 98-21-77, Josh Cole 100-21-79, Malcolm Fleet 100-20-80.
The Daily Mail Foursomes was won by Peter Croker and John Ward with a nett 69.5. They were 1.5 ahead of Stuart Honeybell and Wayne Prigg, who finished on 71.0. Peter and John will represent the club in next year’s national knock-out competition.
Other scores: 72.5 Dave Bennett & Terry Pettitt, 73.5 Norrie Dickson & Brian Youngs, 74.5 David Sutton & Matt Wabe and Nolan Guthrie & Mike Horley, 76.0 Tony Brooks and Dave Fitchett, Steve Burridge & Mike Smith and Jon Daly & Derek Kneebone.
- 1 Bank with only 15 in-branch customers to shut down
- 2 Council’s wildlife camera stolen from conservation area
- 3 Thetford pupil Oxford-bound after hat-trick of A* grades
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 7 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 West Norfolk village pub to reopen as bed and breakfast after sale
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Truss claims UK workers need 'more graft' in leaked statement
Seniors’ Stableford: 38pts Bob Fletcher (9); 37 Chris Foulds (20); 36 Derek Barton (14), John Barton (13), Dave Smith (17) and Graham Kemp (12); 35 John Drinkhill (17) and Kevin Stannard (28); 34 John Baldwin (10), Steve Cobb (10) and Dave Rivett (19).
Meanwhile the ladies of Swaffham Golf Club held their Autumn Meeting last week. The competition was a Stableford played in teams red, white and blue.
The Whitesm won with 212 points followed by Blue (186) and Red (183).
Individual winners were Division One: Abigail O’Riordan 37, Cathy Shand 33; Division Two: Leslie Bingle 34, Lu Claridge 29; nearest pin: Leslie Bingle, straightest drive: Mary Haskins.