Cup exit for Brandon
Brandon Town exited the Mummery Cup after incurring a heavy 7-2 defeat at the hands of Sheringham.However, it was with a severely depleted side, as can often be the case in the early stages of the season.
Brandon Town exited the Mummery Cup after incurring a heavy 7-2 defeat at the hands of Sheringham.
However, it was with a severely depleted side, as can often be the case in the early stages of the season.
The visitors took the lead after two minutes when too many Sheringham players were offside for the linesman to pick one and the attack resulted in a goal by Fox, despite a tremendous save by Clements. Sheringham doubled the lead when Fox finished off good work by Bevis.
Brandon got themselves back in to the game after a fine move with Mallett crossing the ball to find Poile who headed past the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
They levelled when Poile chased down a back pass and blocked the keeper's clearance into the empty net.
As half-time approached a curious free-kick for the visitors saw Fox complete his hat-trick. Two minutes later Sheringham's Banham scored a controversial goal after no offside flag was waved.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
The second half inevitably saw a disheartened home side lose their desire in the face of insurmountable odds.
Two goals in as many minutes from Bevis and King ended any hopes of a comeback for the home team.
Then Holmes completed the scoring for the visitors.
This week sees a return to league action as Town travel to Hempnall.