Cup exit for Brandon
Brandon Town exited the Mummery Cup after incurring a heavy 7-2 defeat at the hands of Sheringham.However, it was with a severely depleted side, as can often be the case in the early stages of the season.
Brandon Town exited the Mummery Cup after incurring a heavy 7-2 defeat at the hands of Sheringham.
However, it was with a severely depleted side, as can often be the case in the early stages of the season.
The visitors took the lead after two minutes when too many Sheringham players were offside for the linesman to pick one and the attack resulted in a goal by Fox, despite a tremendous save by Clements. Sheringham doubled the lead when Fox finished off good work by Bevis.
Brandon got themselves back in to the game after a fine move with Mallett crossing the ball to find Poile who headed past the keeper.
They levelled when Poile chased down a back pass and blocked the keeper's clearance into the empty net.
As half-time approached a curious free-kick for the visitors saw Fox complete his hat-trick. Two minutes later Sheringham's Banham scored a controversial goal after no offside flag was waved.
- 1 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 2 Village's closed pub could be turned into flats
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 5 Revealed: Some of the places you are most likely to spot ghosts in Norfolk
- 6 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 7 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 8 Shed left destroyed after garden fire in west Suffolk
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
The second half inevitably saw a disheartened home side lose their desire in the face of insurmountable odds.
Two goals in as many minutes from Bevis and King ended any hopes of a comeback for the home team.
Then Holmes completed the scoring for the visitors.
This week sees a return to league action as Town travel to Hempnall.