Cup exit for Brandon
Brandon Town exited the Mummery Cup after incurring a heavy 7-2 defeat at the hands of Sheringham.However, it was with a severely depleted side, as can often be the case in the early stages of the season.
Brandon Town exited the Mummery Cup after incurring a heavy 7-2 defeat at the hands of Sheringham.
However, it was with a severely depleted side, as can often be the case in the early stages of the season.
The visitors took the lead after two minutes when too many Sheringham players were offside for the linesman to pick one and the attack resulted in a goal by Fox, despite a tremendous save by Clements. Sheringham doubled the lead when Fox finished off good work by Bevis.
Brandon got themselves back in to the game after a fine move with Mallett crossing the ball to find Poile who headed past the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
They levelled when Poile chased down a back pass and blocked the keeper's clearance into the empty net.
As half-time approached a curious free-kick for the visitors saw Fox complete his hat-trick. Two minutes later Sheringham's Banham scored a controversial goal after no offside flag was waved.
- 1 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 2 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 8 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Team GB athlete to inspire pupils to get healthy with visit to school
The second half inevitably saw a disheartened home side lose their desire in the face of insurmountable odds.
Two goals in as many minutes from Bevis and King ended any hopes of a comeback for the home team.
Then Holmes completed the scoring for the visitors.
This week sees a return to league action as Town travel to Hempnall.