Cup delight for Peter at Thetford GC
Peter O'Doherty produced what is probably going to be his round of the season to win the Hooper Cup on June 30 at Thetford Golf Club. Over the 18 holes he produced 10 net birdies, one net eagle and five net pars, with bogeys only on holes seven and eight.
Peter O'Doherty produced what is probably going to be his round of the season to win the Hooper Cup on June 30 at Thetford Golf Club.
Over the 18 holes he produced 10 net birdies, one net eagle and five net pars, with bogeys only on holes seven and eight. This excellent performance gave him a seven-shot win and reduced his handicap to 20.3.
Hooper Cup: 1 Peter O'Doherty 86-25-61, 2 Gordon Evans 83-15-68, 3 Aidaan Power 89-20-69.
David Rackham Cup: The Seniors entertained the Blackmore Golf Society in the inaugural match for the David Rackham Cup. Until his untimely death last year, David had held the position of Thetford Seniors secretary and was a founder member of the Blackmore Golf Society.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Rackham and her daughter attended the day and she presented the cup to Charles Kessingland. The team, after finishing all square with their opponents, took the cup on better individiual match scores.
Carter Rose Bowl: Winners were husband and wife team of Richard and Pam Ellis with 39 points; second place went to D Moore and Amanda Williams with 38 points and in third place were another husband and wife combination, Roger and Vera Squirrell, with 36 points. Nunthorpe Cup: Tony Leggate and Martin Hunter claimed the Nunthorpe Cup with 43 points, followed by Roy Nichols and Vic Porter with 42 points. Third place went to Gary Hughes and S Langham with 40 points.
- 1 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 2 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 5 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life