Crown Fire League
CROWN FIRE CENTRAL & SOUTH NORFOLK LEAGUEDivision One leaders Dereham Town A maintained their top spot with a 3-2 home win over Gressenhall but are still only three points ahead of Dickleburgh who were 4-0 home winners over Hingham Athletic.
CROWN FIRE CENTRAL & SOUTH NORFOLK LEAGUE
Division One leaders Dereham Town A maintained their top spot with a 3-2 home win over Gressenhall but are still only three points ahead of Dickleburgh who were 4-0 home winners over Hingham Athletic.
Cockers are up to third after a 4-1 win at Cranworth. Shipdham won by the only goal of the game at home to Narborough and Swaffham Town A beat Rockland United. by the odd goal of five.
The Division Two leaders Thetford Rovers Reserves travelled to Bunwell and eventually ran out 6-3 winners although their hosts matched them for more than an hour in an excellent match before three goals in the last 20 minutes saw Thetford safely home.
You may also want to watch:
In the other match, Tacolneston achieved a quick double over Saham Toney Reserves beating them 4-0 this week to move up to third place.
In Division Three, Castle Acre Swifts moved back into second spot as a result of a 2-1 win at Great Cressingham and Shipdham Reserves beat bottom club Hindolveston by the same score.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Should Covid jabs be made mandatory for care home workers?
In the only match in Division Four, Methwold Rovers beat Colkirk 6-1.
The majority of the other teams were engaged on League Cup duty. In the second round of the Chequered Flag Primary League Cup for second division clubs, Nostro beat Shropham United. 4-1, West End won by the odd goal of five at Hingham Athletic Reserves and Morley Village had to rely on winning the penalty competition 3-0 after being held to a 4-4 draw by Necton Reserves
In the second round of the Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup for third and fourth division clubs, there were two big wins. Bawdeswell defeated Beetley United. 9-0 and Hethersett Athletic won by the same score at home to Narborough Reserves.
Northwold S&SC won their derby with Stoke Ferry 5-1 while Rampant Horse beat the Division Four leaders, Splitz United. There were only two away winners - Breckland Wanderers 4-2 at Thurton & Ashby and Sporle who beat Wendling by the odd goal of five. Shropham United Reserves. beat Gressenhall Reserves 2-1.