Crown Fire champions Feltwell go out with 3-2 defeat
The Crown Fire League Division One programme was completed with Tacolneston, following their win in the Ambulance Cup Final by beating league champions Feltwell United 3-2 – Feltwell’s farewel; match before their departure for pastures new.
In the other match, Shropham United beat Bridgham United 3-1, also before leaving the league at the end of the season.
Bridgham started well and created three good chances which were not taken or saved before Shropham took the lead.
Some solid defending from Danny Hutt, Tim Leonard and Kevin Richardson and good goalkeeping from Billy Gorman kept Shropham waiting for their second.
And when it came Bridgham responded when Alan Boon followed up a shot from Tim Leonard to score his 26th goal of the season.
The second half saw the pace of the game drop with not as many clear chances being created but Shropham found the net again with 20 minutes to go. The final action saw Gorman concede a penalty only for Shropham to blaze the kick over the bar.
Bridgham’s man of the match was Danny Hutt.
- 1 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
- 2 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 3 Schoolgirl racially abused by boys in Mildenhall play park
- 4 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 5 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 6 The photographer with an eye for catching dogs in flight
- 7 Robber armed with Taser steals cash from Mildenhall shop
- 8 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 9 Person taken to hospital after farm vehicle crashes into wall
- 10 Disruptions likely after warnings of dense fog set to last two days
In midweek, Morley Village had won emphatically at Northwold S&SC to clinch the Division One runners-up spot.
Division Two champions Castle Acre Swifts finished with a 4-0 win at Hethersett Athletic to make certain of achieving the only unbeaten league record this season.
Yaxham won 4-2 at home to West End and, as a result, moved above North Elmham into second place. Four points from their last two matches will be enough to give them the runners-up spot. Thurton & Ashby beat Sporle 5-4 while the bottom two, Cockers and Saham Toney Res, took a point each from a 4-4 draw.
Bawdeswell led Division Three before kick off but went down to their first league defeat of the season, 4-1 to Splitz United, and as a result dropped out of the ‘medal’ places.
Scarning United won 4-0 at bottom team Narborough Res and go back to the top of the table while Mulbarton Wanderers Res stay second after completing their fixtures with a 7-3 win at Colkirk. Tugas United won 4-0 at home to Mattishall A and their match on Saturday at home to Scarning takes on great significance in terms of the eventual destination of the Divisional title.
Litcham clinched the Division Four title with a 2-1 at Tacolneston Res to mark a very successful debut season in the League.
Shropham United Res won 4-2 at bottom team Methwold Utd to make sure of the fourth promotion place. Methwold Rovers Res beat Yaxham Res 3-2 and Shipdham Res beat Beetley United by the same score.