Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League round-up
The biggest upset in the Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League’s Dick Davey Ambulance Cup saw Shipdham Res, one place above bottom spot in Division Four, winning 2-1 at Gressenhall from Division One.
Tacolneston beat Shipdham 3-0 while Swaffham Town A were 8-1 winners at Colkirk
Northwold S&SC who won 5-2 at home to Hethersett Athletic and Rockland Utd. who beat Methwold Rovers 3-1 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.
Hingham Athletic Res. enjoyed a good 8-2 win at Cockers, North Elmham Res. ran out 4-2 winners at Great Cressingham and Mattishall A beat Gressenhall Res. 2-0. In a local derby, Saham Toney Res. beat Watton Utd. A 3-0 while Tacolneston Res. ran out 7-2 home winners over Methwold Utd. and Marham Wanderers won 6-4 at Tugas Utd. after extra time.
There was only one match in Division 2 but it was enough to take Castle Acre Swifts to the top of the table after they had beaten Breckland Wanderers 5-0. The one match in Division 3 saw Stoke Ferry beat bottom team Narborough Res. 6-1.
You may also want to watch:
Yaxham Res. are the new leaders of Division 4 following their 3-1 win at Nostro Res. Weasenham Wanderers won 5-2 at Castle Acre Swifts Res., Beetley Utd. beat Dereham Cockers Utd. 4-0 and Walsingham Utd. and Shropham Utd. Res. took a point each from a 3-3 draw.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 4 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 5 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs