Cross shows pedal power
Showing early promise of good things to come, Cycling Club Breckland's junior Adam Cross had his elders looking nervously over their shoulders.He was competing in the second of this season's club events based at North Tuddenham.
Showing early promise of good things to come, Cycling Club Breckland's junior Adam Cross had his elders looking nervously over their shoulders.
He was competing in the second of this season's club events based at North Tuddenham.
Just two seconds separated the two fastest riders of the night.
Geoff Muller recorded 12 minutes 22 seconds to Adam's 22:24.
In third place was Mark Fairhead with a time of 12:49 followed by Myles Kubbock 13:11, Paul Hoggett 14:59, Alan Holland 15:17, Paul Cross 15:21 and tricyclist Martin Badham 17:39.
The only girl competing, Emily Davis, finished in 16:44 while her brother Declan pushed grandfather Don Saunders round on their tandem in 12:41, 13 seconds faster than the previous week.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Power tools stolen after van broken into
- 3 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 4 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 5 Norfolk football boss 'so proud' after inspiring player to come out
- 6 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 7 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 8 Police examine CCTV in Thetford rape investigation
- 9 Quad bike stolen from home in west Suffolk
- 10 Nominations open for Thetford Business Awards 2023
Second-claim members Thomas Doe (VC Norwich) and Peter Hamon record 12:18 and 15:36 respectively.
This week's event will be over 10 miles using the Scoulton course while on May 2 CC Breckland promote the East District Cycling Association 25-mile Championship with headquarters at Scoulton.