Crisis time at Brandon
Viv Thomas BRANDON Cricket Club will fold if they don't get more players urgently.Club secretary Christine Clark contacted the Times in a desperate bid to keep the club, which plays in the Hunts Bat County League, going.
BRANDON Cricket Club will fold if they don't get more players urgently.
Club secretary Christine Clark contacted the Times in a desperate bid to keep the club, which plays in the Hunts Bat County League, going.
She said: “We had to concede three games last season because we couldn't get enough players. If we can't get some players and a new captain it will close.
You may also want to watch:
“I have tried to talk to people but they don't want to know, so I thought I would contact the paper to see if that would work.”
There is time pressure on the Suffolk club, which was formed over 40 years ago, as the league has to be informed by the end of the month if Brandon are going to pull out.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
“It's an adult team which plays at the Remembrance Playing Field, but a lot of youngsters have got involved over the past few years,” explained Clark.
She is working hard to try and stop the club folding: “I have been involved in the club for 27 or 28 years as tea lady, scorer,” she said.
“I wouldn't be very happy after all the work I have done for it. If Brandon isn't going, I wouldn't want to score for anyone else,” she added.
If anybody can be of any assistance, they should contact Christine Clark on 01842 811746 or email christine.clark51@btopen