Crisis time at Brandon
Viv Thomas BRANDON Cricket Club will fold if they don't get more players urgently.Club secretary Christine Clark contacted the Times in a desperate bid to keep the club, which plays in the Hunts Bat County League, going.
BRANDON Cricket Club will fold if they don't get more players urgently.
Club secretary Christine Clark contacted the Times in a desperate bid to keep the club, which plays in the Hunts Bat County League, going.
She said: “We had to concede three games last season because we couldn't get enough players. If we can't get some players and a new captain it will close.
You may also want to watch:
“I have tried to talk to people but they don't want to know, so I thought I would contact the paper to see if that would work.”
There is time pressure on the Suffolk club, which was formed over 40 years ago, as the league has to be informed by the end of the month if Brandon are going to pull out.
- 1 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 2 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 3 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 4 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 10 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
“It's an adult team which plays at the Remembrance Playing Field, but a lot of youngsters have got involved over the past few years,” explained Clark.
She is working hard to try and stop the club folding: “I have been involved in the club for 27 or 28 years as tea lady, scorer,” she said.
“I wouldn't be very happy after all the work I have done for it. If Brandon isn't going, I wouldn't want to score for anyone else,” she added.
If anybody can be of any assistance, they should contact Christine Clark on 01842 811746 or email christine.clark51@btopen