Cons lead the way
Gaywood Cons lead the Narbeck Billiards League after a close 2-1 away win at West Acre A. Wins for Daniel Drew over Alex Ward and Chris Drew over Bruce Welham secured the result.
Gaywood Cons lead the Narbeck Billiards League after a close 2-1 away win at West Acre A.
Wins for Daniel Drew over Alex Ward and Chris Drew over Bruce Welham secured the result.
West Acre B lost 2-1 away to Narborough A, with Danny O'Brien's excellent new pb score of 150 being the highlight here. Well done to Danny on this achievement. Praise must also go to Matt Hubbard who increased his best score to 52.
While in a re-arranged game Acre A beat Narborough B 2-1 away, with Alex Ward and Bruce Welham defeating Jasmin Cainey and Jack Crisp respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Bruce played very well here, recording breaks of 35 and 66, the league's new highest break, to defeat Jack by two points, who himself scored a praiseworthy total of 90 points in this 30 minute game.
Well done to all players who have improved their 'pbs' and best breaks this week.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 5 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 6 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 9 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 10 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
Bruce Welham of West Acre A's 66 and 261 are the league's highest break and score to date, while Jack Crisp's 111 is the highest score by a player under 14 years of age.
Nominations for February's award will close on February 23. Player of the month for February nominees are: Scott Jarvis, Danny O'Brien, Matt Hubbard, Bruce Welham.