Cons lead the way
Gaywood Cons lead the Narbeck Billiards League after a close 2-1 away win at West Acre A. Wins for Daniel Drew over Alex Ward and Chris Drew over Bruce Welham secured the result.
Gaywood Cons lead the Narbeck Billiards League after a close 2-1 away win at West Acre A.
Wins for Daniel Drew over Alex Ward and Chris Drew over Bruce Welham secured the result.
West Acre B lost 2-1 away to Narborough A, with Danny O'Brien's excellent new pb score of 150 being the highlight here. Well done to Danny on this achievement. Praise must also go to Matt Hubbard who increased his best score to 52.
While in a re-arranged game Acre A beat Narborough B 2-1 away, with Alex Ward and Bruce Welham defeating Jasmin Cainey and Jack Crisp respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Bruce played very well here, recording breaks of 35 and 66, the league's new highest break, to defeat Jack by two points, who himself scored a praiseworthy total of 90 points in this 30 minute game.
Well done to all players who have improved their 'pbs' and best breaks this week.
- 1 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 2 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 3 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 6 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 10 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
Bruce Welham of West Acre A's 66 and 261 are the league's highest break and score to date, while Jack Crisp's 111 is the highest score by a player under 14 years of age.
Nominations for February's award will close on February 23. Player of the month for February nominees are: Scott Jarvis, Danny O'Brien, Matt Hubbard, Bruce Welham.