Centenary race a smasher for Louise
Louise Norris of Thetford Athletics Club took part in the Hastings 100th anniversary marathon on Sunday.Originally run in 1908 with only 51 competitors, this time there were just under 200 competitors wanting to run in a 'once in a lifetime' event.
Louise Norris of Thetford Athletics Club took part in the Hastings 100th anniversary marathon on Sunday.
Originally run in 1908 with only 51 competitors, this time there were just under 200 competitors wanting to run in a 'once in a lifetime' event.
The 26.2 mile course followed as closely as possible the original course of the 1908 marathon. It was a tough hilly course, but Louise (pictured) had a fantastic race, smashing her previous personal best by 18 minutes, achieving a time of 4 hours 10 mins 26 secs.
For further information on Thetford AC, see the website at www.thetford-ac.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, December 6, members of Thetford Athletics Club took part in a cross- country run at Wood-bridge, part of a series of winter races.
U17 boys - Phil Waity 1st 13:40.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 7 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
U15 boys - Jonathon Mead 1st 13:45, Jason Higgins 2nd 13:58, Jordan Greenwood 6th 14:11, Joseph Kirton 7th 14:18, Thomas Busson 10th 15:19, Connor Meen 12th 16:02, Danny Pidd 14th 20:02.
U17 girls - Lucy Tyler 1st 16:35.
U13 girls - Rosie Sherrell 4th 16:45, Victoria Dolman 15th 24:35 (injured her knee but continued to finish!)
Junior men - Rhys Tyler 2nd 35:09.
V40 - Dean Kirton 14th 41:01.
V45 - Tony Cantle 11th 38:33, Carl Higgins 12th 38:48, Richard Dolman 15th 39:40. V55 - Brian Wright 3rd 39:24.