CC Breckland veterans show what they are made of
- Credit: Archant
Cycling Club Breckland’s Chris Nudds and Mick Wood raced at the weekend in the VTTA East 10-mile Time Trial at Kentford.
On the challenging B10/35 course, on a cold but almost windless morning, both put in solid rides.
Chris, who is 68, had an early start, setting off at 8.05am, and he rode well to post a time of 23 minutes 7 seconds which gave him second place on veterans’ standard and a age group win.
Mick, who is four years younger, also rode strongly to finish in a time of 24.29, a big improvement on his performance last week.
The event was won by 54-year-old Martin Reynolds of Cambridge Cycling Club.
His impressive time of 21.18 was fast enough to win on scratch while he was also fastest veteran, fastest on standard and the age group winner.
To find out more about the club, including competition results and how to join, visit www.ccbreckland.co.uk.
- 1 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 2 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 3 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 6 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 7 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
- 10 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre