CC Breckland veterans show what they are made of
- Credit: Archant
Cycling Club Breckland’s Chris Nudds and Mick Wood raced at the weekend in the VTTA East 10-mile Time Trial at Kentford.
On the challenging B10/35 course, on a cold but almost windless morning, both put in solid rides.
Chris, who is 68, had an early start, setting off at 8.05am, and he rode well to post a time of 23 minutes 7 seconds which gave him second place on veterans’ standard and a age group win.
Mick, who is four years younger, also rode strongly to finish in a time of 24.29, a big improvement on his performance last week.
The event was won by 54-year-old Martin Reynolds of Cambridge Cycling Club.
You may also want to watch:
His impressive time of 21.18 was fast enough to win on scratch while he was also fastest veteran, fastest on standard and the age group winner.
To find out more about the club, including competition results and how to join, visit www.ccbreckland.co.uk.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent