CC Breckland up to speed
Cycling Club Breckland riders showed their true colours over the Easter weekend with strong rides from all in less than favourable conditions.
Nine riders competed in the Good Friday 10 mile time trial on the B10/43, hosted by Great Yarmouth CC. Fourteen year old Declan Davis led the way with another impressive time of 23.37, Chris Nudds followed in the veterans category with a time of 24.26.
Laura Gambling put in a very strong performance to win the women’s category with a time of 24.58. Mick Woods and Mark Fairhead finished just 5 seconds apart with times of 25.34 and 25.39 respectively, Ray Turner (26.07), Roger Graham (26.54) and Nick Parravani (27.13) also completed the event with strong rides. In the tandem event Bobby De’ath paired with Tri-Anglia’s Iain Dawson to win the category in 22.47.
To complete the Easter weekend, round two of the hotly contested Rudy Project came to the region on Sunday. CB’s Declan Davis competed in the Junior category, finishing the 20 mile course from Haverhill in a very credible 3rd place in 51.23, exactly four minutes behind the winner Kieran Brady of City Cycle Centre.
CCB’s Bobby De’ath competed with Iain Dawson of Tri-Anglia in the Disabled Tandem category, finishing first tandem and third in the Disabled category with a time of 49.13.
The ever-formidable Michael Hutchinson (In Gear Quickvit) won the men’s category in 41.44, exactly one minute ahead of second-placed Jeff Jones (Drag2Zero). Will Dorset of VC Norwich was sixth in 46.26 while Chris Nudds finished 12th of 23 starters in the Veterans category in a time of 52.39. Rebecca Slack (London Dynamo) pipped Julia Shaw of Drag2Zero to first place in the Women’s category by 48seconds, in times of 49.17 and 49.55.
Atrocious weather conditions prevented the CCB club season from beginning in style with Declan Davis and Stephen Penney (Anglia Velo) the only two riders completing the five mile course, in times of 13.01 and 17.17.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 8 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital