CC Breckland start time-trial season
With the early season thwarted with less than ideal weather conditions, Cycling Club Breckland’s riders showed the wind and rain is no match to their form and determination.
The midweek club season began in earnest for many after the wash out of the previous week with the North Tuddenham five mile time trial. Some super fast times were produced, hinting at exciting and hard fought competition to come. Will Dorset (VC Norwich) and Tom Fitzpatrick (Iceni Velo) were first and second in 11.01 and 11.15 respectively.
CCB’s 14-year-old prodigy Declan Davis took the first club spot in 11.55 followed by Danny Watkins (Anglia Velo) in 12.09, Matt Carter 12.17 and Mark Fairhead 12.38.
Other notable times came from Nick Standley 13.17, Junior Emily Davis 15.03, and Stephen Penney (Anglia Velo) who greatly improved on last year’s time with 15.13.
Declan Davis and Mark Fairhead paired up once more to compete in the 2-Up category of the King’s Lynn CC 25-mile time trial. Flying out to the halfway point and then fighting a gruelling headwind on the return leg, the pair completed the event in 1.01.16. Geoff Muller and John Periam also paired up to represent CCB finishing in 1.01.55. King’s Lynn CC’s Gary Rushmore and Martin Long won in a blistering 56.23.
You may also want to watch:
Other CCB riders competed over the weekend in the Lea Valley CC 25 mile time trial. They were faced with a chilling wind, but fortunately no rain on the region’s fastest ‘25’ course, the E2/25.
Chris Nudds led the way in 56.23 followed by Matt Carter, who finished only nine seconds behind. Laura Gambling put in a strong performance in the women’s category to finish in 58.53. Other local times included Danny Watkins (Anglia Velo) 56.42, Scott Davidson (Team Velo Velocity) 56.51 and Duncan Lorne (Norwich ABC) 57.00.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 7 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent