Cane shows she's able
Joanne Cane successfully negotiated 36 holes of stroke play and three rounds of match play to become Thetford Golf Club champion for 2008.Cane continued her great form by teaming up with Margo Horsburgh to win the Ladies' Foursomes Johnston Sidgwick Tankards with net 73.
Joanne Cane successfully negotiated 36 holes of stroke play and three rounds of match play to become Thetford Golf Club champion for 2008.
Cane continued her great form by teaming up with Margo Horsburgh to win the Ladies' Foursomes Johnston Sidgwick Tankards with net 73.5.
Results: 1 Joanne Cane/Margo Horsburgh 89-15.5-73.5, 2 Ann McHarg/Helen Ayres 94-18-76 (ocb), 3 Shirley Spreadbury/Jean Elliot 104-28-76.
Relatively new member Frank Dowling produced outstanding form to win the Seniors' Courage Cup competition with a resounding 43 points, resulting in a handicap reduction from 25 to 21.8.
You may also want to watch:
Results: 1 Frank Dowling 43 points, 2 Ron McMullin 40 points, 3 Harold Dale 37 points.
Club President Richard Goodenough put his club responsibilities to one side to lay his hands on the Men's Gentle Cup with
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 9 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 10 Four men to appear in court charged with shooting incident
club handicap committee chairman Martin Engwell in second spot.
Results: 1 Richard Goodenough 90-20-70, 2 Martin Engwell 93-21-72, 3 John Baldwin 85-12-73.
Club treasurer Mike McBride obviously felt aggrieved that fellow members of the committee almost cleaned up in the Gentle Cup so he went out and produced a fine nett 66 to take the Men's Hooper Cup and reduce his handicap to 21.
Results: 1 Mike McBride 90-24-66, 2 Jeff Sergeant 89-21-68, 3 Chris Lawrence 81-11-70.