Cane shows she's able
Joanne Cane successfully negotiated 36 holes of stroke play and three rounds of match play to become Thetford Golf Club champion for 2008.Cane continued her great form by teaming up with Margo Horsburgh to win the Ladies' Foursomes Johnston Sidgwick Tankards with net 73.
Joanne Cane successfully negotiated 36 holes of stroke play and three rounds of match play to become Thetford Golf Club champion for 2008.
Cane continued her great form by teaming up with Margo Horsburgh to win the Ladies' Foursomes Johnston Sidgwick Tankards with net 73.5.
Results: 1 Joanne Cane/Margo Horsburgh 89-15.5-73.5, 2 Ann McHarg/Helen Ayres 94-18-76 (ocb), 3 Shirley Spreadbury/Jean Elliot 104-28-76.
Relatively new member Frank Dowling produced outstanding form to win the Seniors' Courage Cup competition with a resounding 43 points, resulting in a handicap reduction from 25 to 21.8.
Results: 1 Frank Dowling 43 points, 2 Ron McMullin 40 points, 3 Harold Dale 37 points.
Club President Richard Goodenough put his club responsibilities to one side to lay his hands on the Men's Gentle Cup with
- 1 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 WATCH: Big Jet TV films at RAF Lakenheath to mark new Top Gun movie
- 7 Vandals destroy play park zipwire
- 8 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 9 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 10 Rugby club hoping to 'ignite' interest following pandemic
club handicap committee chairman Martin Engwell in second spot.
Results: 1 Richard Goodenough 90-20-70, 2 Martin Engwell 93-21-72, 3 John Baldwin 85-12-73.
Club treasurer Mike McBride obviously felt aggrieved that fellow members of the committee almost cleaned up in the Gentle Cup so he went out and produced a fine nett 66 to take the Men's Hooper Cup and reduce his handicap to 21.
Results: 1 Mike McBride 90-24-66, 2 Jeff Sergeant 89-21-68, 3 Chris Lawrence 81-11-70.