Canaries to play at Thetford
Norwich City are to play friendly matches against three Norfolk teams who are celebrating their 125th anniversaries this year.The Canaries have included money-spinning games against Fakenham Town, Dereham Town and Thetford Town in July as part of their build-up to the 2009-10 season.
Norwich City are to play friendly matches against three Norfolk teams who are celebrating their 125th anniversaries this year.
The Canaries have included money-spinning games against Fakenham Town, Dereham Town and Thetford Town in July as part of their build-up to the 2009-10 season.
“We're delighted,” said Canaries boss Bryan Gunn. “We're starting to get our pre-season programme together - we've got games against Fakenham, Dereham and Thetford, and all of those teams are celebrating their 125th anniversaries.
“It's great that we can support local clubs in this way. We'll be sending a Norwich City XI and this is part of our build-up to August 8 in the hope we can get as many players out and about around the county so fans can see them in action.”
You may also want to watch:
City had already confirmed one friendly - at Dartford on July 11 as part of the deal which brought Darts' striker Cody McDonald to Carrow Road in the January transfer window - and are currently working on two home games as well as their pre-season tour.
City visit Fakenham on Friday, July 10, kick-off to be confirmed, before they head to Dereham on Wednesday, July 22 (7.45pm) and then Thetford a week later.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 3 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 4 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 5 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
The local matches have always been a highlight of the summer calendar, with big crowds ensuring a healthy input into the coffers - although this summer's clearly have extra relevance.