Busy time at Feltwell GC
THERE has been a lot of activity in June at Feltwell Golf Club, starting with the Kevin Copper Trophy.This year it was contested in a more universally acceptable Greensomes format.
THERE has been a lot of activity in June at Feltwell Golf Club, starting with the Kevin Copper Trophy.
This year it was contested in a more universally acceptable Greensomes format. Barry Granger and Alfie Puttock managed to hold off young guns Ross Markiewicz and Sam Sheppard by 43 points to 42. Jim Baker and Lenny Hopkinson, captain and vice-captain respectively returned 42 points but finished third on count back from the youngsters.
Next up was the President's Putter and this was won by David Butcher, who recently rejoined the club, carding a gross 70 which converted into Stableford points equates to 42.
Congratulations must go to Chris Robson who shot 41 points to reduce his handicap to one although it was only good for third spot.
You may also want to watch:
The runner-up spot went to green keeper Carl McCreath who also scored 41 but beat young Robson on count back.
WSLO round two was played in conditions more akin to early spring than mid-summer, Chris Robson was again denied top spot in Division One despite carding a gross 70. The old campaigner Gerald Pearce also scored a nett 69 to take the division on count back.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 5 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 6 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 9 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 10 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
Graham King won Division Two with a repeat of Saturday morning with a nett 68 beating another regular in the winner's enclosure, Barry Granger, who returned a nett 70. Carl McCreath's handicap is tumbling and it fell again on
Sunday with his fine nett 66 to win Division Three five shots clear of John Middleton.
Kevin Cooper Trophy: 1 Barry Granger and Alfie Puttock 43 points, 2 Ross Markiewicz and Sam Sheppard 42cb, 3 Lenny Hopkinson and James Baker 42.
Nearest the Pin: 2 Nigel Smith, 7 Jon Green, 11 Jim Baker, 16 Len Hopkinson.
President's Putter: 1 David Butcher (4) 42 3 (3.4), 2 Carl McCreath (27) 41cb 26 (25.6), 3 Chris Robson (2) 41 1 (1.4). Nearest the Pin(s): Jon Green, Don Redpath, Lenny Hopkinson and Jim Baker.
Sunday Medal - Division One: 1 Gerald Pearce (11) 80-69cb, 2 Chris Robson (2) 70-68, 3 Adrian Hocking (10) 81-71. Division Two: 1 Graham King (17) 85-68, 2 Barry Granger (19) 89-70. Division Three: 1 Carl McCreath (24) 90-66, 2 John Middleton (21) 92-71. Lowest Gross: Christopher Robson 70.
WSLO/Scratch Tables (Standings after two rounds)
WSLO: 1 Barry Granger 139, 2 Graham King 140, 3 Adrian Hocking 142. Scratch: 1 Chris Robson 144,
2 Len Hopkinson 158, 3 David Butcher 161.