Bumper racing action at Snetterton
The British Automobile Racing Club (BARC) stages a bumper 18-race programme at Snetterton this weekend (April 7-8), with a varied range of motorsport on offer on the two mile 200 circuit. The Easter races include classic racers, single seaters and sportscars.
The MG marque is represented with the Lancaster Insurance MG Owners Club Championship, which features the best of British sportscars and saloons. Meanwhile there’s more of a German flavour to the Kumho BMW Championship, where a wide range of propeller-badged tin-tops can be found on the grid.
Porsche fans will enjoy the GT3 Cup Challenge, which features the more extreme variant of the classic rear-engined Sportscar.
There are classic touring car races aplenty on Easter Sunday, with events for the Classic Thunder series for saloon cars built before 2005, Post Historic & Classic Group 1 Touring Cars, Pre ‘93 Touring Car Championship and the Classic Saloon & Historic Touring Car Championship.
Meanwhile single seaters also feature heavily over the weekend with the Formula Renault BARC Championship and Classic Formula Ford 1600 and 2000 classes.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the BARC Club Car Championships are available from �10, with free entry for children aged 12 and under. For more information, call 0843 453 9000 or visit www.snetterton.co.uk.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford