Bruno Tavares returns to help Thetford
THETFORD TOWN’S bid to prevent a slide into relegation trouble has been boosted by the return of Bruno Tavares.
The winger who played a key role in Town’s promotion last season was part of the autumn exodus from Mundford Road, but he has now reappeared from Diss, making his return on Saturday against Norwich United.
He was unable to help stop Town’s run without a win extending to six games as the Planters won 1-0 with a late goal from another member of Thetford’s promotion team, Luke Catchpole. Goalkeeper Ian Fancett then saved a penalty to stop United doubling their tally.
However, with two other new signings, Elliott Smith from North Walsham and Camara Harriott, both making their debuts off the bench there were signs of encouragement for manager Mark Scott, whose team are at home to Felixstowe & Walton United on Saturday.
Meanwhile, Thetford have been awan away to Harling Colts in the semi-finals of the Norfolk Junior Cup. The tie is to be played on March 3.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, February 18 the the Under 18’s are home to Newmarket Town 7-45pm kick off.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash