Bridgham United’s Ben Smith Cup tie with Yaxham abandoned
Bridgham United’s last-16 Ben Smith Cup tie with Yaxham was abandoned by the referee after 58 minutes when the Yaxham manager refused to leave the touchline after he had been sent way from the playing area.
Yaxham, who had been reduced to ten men early in the second half, led the game 1-0 after a first half keeper error. Bridgham had gone closest with a Michael Watts header while keeper Matt Wabe produced two superb saves to keep a side missing six regulars in the game.
The biggest upset of the fourth round was caused by Litcham, from Division Four, who held Crown Fire Division One side Thetford Rovers Res 0-0 before winning 5-4 on penalties.
All the other completed matches between teams from different Divisions went according to League status. Of the other top division teams, Morley Village won by the odd goal of five at Bawdeswell, Shropham beat Necton 6-0 and Feltwell won 2-1 at West End. In the all Second Division tie Nostro won 4-3 on penalties after a 5-5 draw with Sporle. Two teams from Division Three reached the last eight, Mulbarton Wanderers Res beating Scarning 2-1 while Wendling beat Methwold Rovers 1-0.
The biggest upset in the Dick Davey Ambulance Cup saw Shipdham Res, one place above bottom spot in Division Four, winning 2-1 at Gressenhall from Division One.
You may also want to watch:
Tacolneston beat Shipdham 3-0 while Swaffham A were 8-1 winners at Colkirk
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 7 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 8 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 9 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
- 10 Fire breaks out at barn in west Norfolk