Bridgham share points in six-goal thriller
Yaxham 3, Bridgham Utd 3
After being second best in the opening period Bridgham went behind but came back to equalise when Alan Boon scored a penalty after Jody Twomey had been tripped.
New signing Jeff Baxter then pressured a Yaxham defender to score an own goal for a 2-1 lead.
Lee Freeman pulled off a great save but from another Yaxham attack they made it 2-2 with a firm header.
In the second half a great run by Eddie March set up captain Jack Hamilton, who found the corner of the net for 3-2.
Yaxham equalised ten minutes later with a strong run and finish and both sides had chances to win the game, Bridgham going closest in the final couple of minutes when Simon Richards had a great chance blocked and a brilliant cross from Richards was not converted when a goal looked odds on.
It was, however, a much improved team performance after a recent bad spell. The Simon Long Appliance care MoM was Lee Freeman.
- 1 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 2 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 8 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Catalytic converters stolen from three cars in Mildenhall in one night