Bridgham FC end the season with an impressive win
- Credit: Archant
Bridgham United beat County Cup runners-up Castle Acre Swifts Reserves 5-3 in their last game of the season.
The hosts started brightly and Luke Wheeler saw a great chance saved before Bradley Sandell fired a fierce shot past the keeper to open the scoring.
Wheeler then shot over and Sandell went close but Bridgham’s top goalscorer scored again to cap a great half.
Castle Acre pulled one back with a header within five minutes of the re-start but on the hour mark left back Frankie Lake started and finished a great passing move for 3-1 and within two minutes Lake scored again with another cool finish.
Castle Acre made it 4-2 when they scored straight from a corner but the home side make it 5-2 when Alex Snow scored from close range after good work from Green.
You may also want to watch:
Castle Acre pulled one back for 5-3 with two minutes to go but Bridgham were not to be denied the points.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 5 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 6 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 7 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 8 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 9 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 10 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village