Bridgham cruise to easy victory over Bowthorpe after great first half performance
- Credit: Archant
Bridgham United entertained Bowthorpe in the league and nearly scored in the opening minute as Darren Clay went close to poking the ball home.
Bridgham opened the scoring when Adam Bunting headed home a Clay corner for 1-0. Eight minutes later Alex Snow hit a superb shot that flew into the net from 25 yards out for 2-0.
Bridgham continued to press and Ben Mannion then chased down and won the ball before dribbling into the box and scored for 3-0.
Bowthorpe continued to battle and their efforts were rewarded when they scored with 15 minutes to go for 3-1.
Bridgham hit back and scored again when Steve Wycherley headed home a Snow cross for 4-1. The game ended with Simon Bell and Sutcliffe going close to adding another but the game ended 4-1 as Bridgham wrapped up a quick double over Bowthorpe after beating them away a fortnight ago.
You may also want to watch:
MoM: Ben Mannion who had a fine game in midfield.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 5 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 6 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 9 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 10 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas